Here’s a recommendation…
Spend a whole day in someone else’s office. Literally pull up a chair in someone else’s office, with his/her permission of course, and work there. If possible, make sure he/she is in it, doing his/her own work alongside you.
- You will see completely new aspects of your organization.
- You will feel how someone else experiences time, processes inbound, and is or is not interrupted.
- You will meet new people or at least have different conversations than are typical.
- You will mix into new and different problems.
- You, yourself, will be put to different use.
I did — and felt — all of this today. It was my best work day in recent memory.